September 25, 2026
Happy Birthday, Jovonna.  Hope your day was wonderful



 
I was worried about tonight, I'd never been to Jenne Rd and sat around this table with Tom's being present.  Would his absence be intolerable?  But he was there.  How could he not have been?  3 out of 4 children, 3 out of 5 grandchildren, spouses, ex  spouses, brothers and sisters and friends from afar.  Kevin and I were so impressed by the maps of peoples' journeys so clear in faces in this room, all of them touched by one man, but all of them  touched by several others. Lives that have come together, bumped in meaningful ways, made new turns, and bumped into the next. 

This was a somber occasion, or was it?   We  all  love and honor Tom. And there was love, honor and joy in that room  tonight.  Lots of laughter, lots of warmth, and the desire to sit next to one another.  

I am bringing my camera tomorrow.  I usually don't to this kind of event, but I think it will be important to document.  Love is powerful. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog