September 24, 2026
Really interesting how certain dates stay important no matter how much their meaning grows fainter and fainter in your life.  Today is one of those days.   This picture was taken 2 years ago but if I had had the strength to photograph today I might have taken a very similiar photo.  
Happy Birthday, Andy.
This weekend is so full, I hope I can get some stuff posted.  Tomorrow Kevin arrives and we are having dinner in Marlboro.  Saturday is Tom's celebration of  life and it will be filled with people and emotions  and stories.  I'm hoping I have the capacity to make it through  And then on Sunday EJ and I are both reading at the Garlic and Arts Festival. Here's a poem I'm reading.

 

Morning simmers

slow, warm heart beat

wrapped in old soft blanket

tucked in under my too sore hip

 

How clever you are

how lovingly you pour your coffee.

Eat your creamy plain yogurt

set the morning in stone.

 

I go from artist to manager

in just one cup of tea

slipping from one world into

the solid makings of my planet earth life.

 

I read O’Keefe and Oliver

this morning, wrapped in

the protection of cotton

settled in the other world.

 

Was sex once the distraction

that kept me cocooned

Un hitched to the wood and iron life?

 

I struggle in ecstasy,

the tremor,

the primal throb

 

I fight the impulse to wake

to run water through my hands

the blood leaves

my center, seeps out to the edge

 

I hide in the  broth

of old loves,

short kisses.

I linger in remnants

of a shudder.

 

I give in and rise to

watch you move, to turn,

bend and withdraw

into that hardened world.

 

I give in, let my teasing thoughts

disperse, flush them,

pack them up along with

airy odors of lavender and rose.

 

I let go of my heart.

My back straightens up

not to linger, day begins.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog