September 23, 2026
Adolescence at its finest



Big birds ruled the flats today.  There were a lot of geese and ducks, but the egret, heron and eagle kept me busy.  

I hung out with EJ while he got an allergy shot today and afterwards he went to work on the new coop and I went to the Canal.  I'm really glad I did today.  I was a little tired, but I enjoyed myself with the camera which hasn't been true in a while.   


Tomorrow I bring my car for an oil change.  It's the first one since I got the car in February.  I've driven 3000 in 6  months, I have obviously not been my most active self this year.   I am so amazed at how really sick I was and in how many little ways it showed itself.  
Did I write about not wanting Patrick to go back to Nantucket this year?  To have someone take responsibility for your life, literally, the way he did in August is extremely profound.  Although I don't feel any different towards  him, quite siblingesque, I don't want him to go too far away.  So odd.  He's visiting his family in Ct. tonight and I feel a little at lose ends.
When we were young, I would have gotten up and baked chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in hopes they'd take that feeling away.  Tonight, I'm just drinking lemon water.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog