July 6, 2026
Happy Birthday, Dalton Miller-Jones.
Dalton is 86 today. Completely boggles my imagination. In 1980 I worked for Dalton.  He was my mentor, he was my hero.  Working with Dalton was one of the good decisions I made in my life.  I learned constantly.  I worked for Dalton just after leaving Marlboro until I started The Literacy Project in 1983.  And now he's 86 and still going strong.  Love that man.


These are all phone pictures.  I did go for a little ride today and take a few rookery  shots.  I took some cow shots, too. The thistle is growing tall again and the black cows love it.  


The fact is I've done a lot of thinking and talking today about being disabled and what I have to do to make my home safe.  That's a big step.  I am trying to do the things to make me stronger physically and not think that my body will always hurt.  But I also have to do some practical things and my friends are beginning to push a little.   So I will do some investigation this week, promise guys, promise.

I can't find my memory card adapter.  Have no idea what I did with it last night.  So you only get phone photos.


I opened up the windows and am trying to let air circulate now that the temperature has come down.  Today's temp didn't rise beyond the 70s, but it was very humid and cloudy.  I kind of liked it.  

I also have found a few poems I wrote this month that I have not typed up yet.  I will do that and post them this week.   Until then, sleep sweetly.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog