July 17. 2026
Less smoke today, and oddly stunning.


Didn't go up to the rookery until after 6.  There was a small territorial event going on across the water.  I believe a kestrel and the kingfishers were chasing each other.  I couldn't tell what the bigger bird was, but by these photos it looks to me to be a kestrel.

There was also a woodpecker hanging out over my head.  I hung out for about a half hour and it was quite perfect.   



I took a little ride and then went to watch the sunset in the graveyards.  On the drive I saw deer, rabbits, and many birds. 

 Again, less smoke in the area at the moment, and the sky wasn't fiery, but it was beautiful




I started off in Green River Cemetary watching it crawl down behind the  fairgrounds.  And then I moved over to Cavalry once it was below the hills. 



The moon was setting, also.  The crescent was getting longer and longer as it slipped down, too.   She was lovely. And the sky colors went front pinky to blues, purples.  They were a different color everytime I looked up.


I think today was the first day I could identify kidney disease symptoms and separate them from the leg and arthristis pain.  My knee is so much more vulnerable and the lumbar hurt, but I'm also feeling drained and my skin itches.  Inspite of all the limitations, I'm in a lot of denial about being ill. I was grumpy today, but I still love life so thoroughly. 


It also helped to read Billie's blog entry today. It really spoke to me.  They are a very smart being. 







Take care of yourselves out there; a lot of friends are getting sick.  Sleep.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog