July 12, 2026
Sunday, I love Sundays, for some reason I let myself off the hook on Sunday.
I went down to the canal around noon. There were seven heron hanging out. At first I thought maybe a couple of them were not great blues, but then I realized that at least four of them are very young. Some rookery has dispersed and four young ones were in the canal today trying hard to catch their own meals. I watched something slide down a neck.
All of the wood ducks and mallard
familiies are pretty well grown, but they are still sticking together. There are several circles of three quarter grown ducks spotted all over.I wish I could have gotten out of the car and closer to them. There was still one tiny family of wood ducks, I wanted to get close enough to photograph a duckling for Eliza.
The lily pads are blooming and the wildflowers are crazy big. The entire waterway looks like a Monet. Noon isn't always a good time to be there, but today it was brilliant.
Fun taking photos. Didn't write anything worth sharing. Talked to a couple of friends. Had a little food. Missed other friends. I'm getting used to the idea that 2026 is gonna be a year of medical journeys and that I may have to wait until 2027 to get my next book completed.
Send good energy my way tomorrow as I try to get everything organized and prepared. I also have to think about how I will finish off the blog, can I just keep posting when I can, or should I try to atleast keep a narraive going? Photos are going to get awfully boring when I'm recouping. Maybe I'll start a project of still lifes.
Fun taking photos. Didn't write anything worth sharing. Talked to a couple of friends. Had a little food. Missed other friends. I'm getting used to the idea that 2026 is gonna be a year of medical journeys and that I may have to wait until 2027 to get my next book completed.
Send good energy my way tomorrow as I try to get everything organized and prepared. I also have to think about how I will finish off the blog, can I just keep posting when I can, or should I try to atleast keep a narraive going? Photos are going to get awfully boring when I'm recouping. Maybe I'll start a project of still lifes.
Comments
Post a Comment