July 11, 2026
No herons at the rookery today, but four of them in the canal. This one was kind of small, I wonder if she's new.


There's a lot to do this month to prepare for the following four or five. It's very overwhelming.  I have to ask for help.  I have to accept help and I have to let go of control.  Not really good at any of those tasks.  You'd think I'd be much better at them then I am, but the idea of being totally dependent is terribly frightening. 

I met Clara for tacos today and hung out for a while.  It was very comfortable, we're going to reinstate our Monday dinners soon.  


I then went to the canal where the light was wonderful. There were 4 heron and no white birds, no swan, no gulls, no egrets. Many of the baby ducks were out and all teenagers, both mallard and wood.  At first I thought there were a bunch of turtles on the sand bar, but it's just ducks dunkin.   





Went on the rookery ride for sunset.  Didn't take too many sunset photos, but the vistas were stunning tonight.  
Saw a porcupine and a deer. This doe was out on her own.  She was large.  Watched me for a bit, but basically enjoyed her grazing.  I drove very slowly down the hill looking for fawns.  Didn't see any, but I heard a lot of birds.  I really wish I were better at identifying calls.  



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog