July 10, 2026
I chased a lot of clouds today. Many of them were stories high and looked like they were made of marble.
I went back to Northampton today to my rescheduled appointment only to find out that the doctor was an hour behind schedule because of a morning full of hospital emergencies. So I sat in the waiting room for over an hour with a group of elderly men. Urologists seem to see more men than women.
Within minutes he's telling me how I should schedule surgery for August and I'm like, what, wait, surgery? What's going on. At that point he stopped and took a breath and began from the beginning. I'm not sure I got it all, but it looks like I'm having surgery on my left kidney in August.The right kidney is gone, but there is indication of blockage in the left which he wants to protect. So next step is a C Scan and then surgery.
I'm amazed at how boggled my brain got, but I think after a sunset ride and a long talk with Di. I get it and that it looks like between the kidney surgery and the knee replacement the muscles in the right leg can relax some and let me walk again. He also thought some of what my brain was dealing with was kidney disease. So one step at a time.
Scared of stopping the pool and worried about gaining weight instead of being able to lose it, but I can't stand just getting worse daily.
Believe it or not, this is better than not knowing.




Comments
Post a Comment