June 30, 2026
Happy Birthday Mimi, Nick and Mike.
It was hot and humid and rainy today.  I went up to the rookery around 4 and hung out up there for an hour.  There was a sweet breeze.


 


Along a mile and a half I saw 2 groups of turkeys and a kettle of 9 turkey vultures.  Vultures were more skitterish of me than the turkeys, but I bet you I've taken photos of the turkeys before.
Watching the 9 vultures was interesting because I could not see what they had in the grass and one by one they rose and went to the trees.  Two of them had things sticking out of their faces that looked like porcupiine quills.
















.

I went over the canal.  The temperature went up and down twice while I was out, but the humidity was thick. 

There was a Water Crow group at the Ct.  I'd never heard of a water crow before, but Merlin identified this group of small crows with an obvious voice.  Merlin said that they were beginning to appear in northern shores and rivers.  My photo did not come out.

Edite's grapes are beautiful at the moment.  She made me dinner.  It poured while we ate and then when we went out everything was wet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog