I've had this odd sense all day that I have been living parallel lives. During my nap this afternoon I dreamt a group of family and friends were crowded around our kitchen table on Chestnut Hill eating some big dinner that Mom had cooked. Paul and Barb were sitting across from me and Paul wanted me to start a song that Annie Hassett taught me the other day and he would come in with the harmony. I said I'm not a strong enough singer to hold down the melody, and Barb, Edite, a friend of Mike's said they'd come in and help. So I started singing the song and people joined me and Paul and Mike's friend were doing the harmonies. It was beautiful. Mom stood up and said, that's the best thing God gave me, you all doing music.
That was not the end of the dream, but it was in pieces. Edite and Barb were playing some video game on a TV in what appeared to be Barb's room. I was sharing a room with a very young Sarah. Maddy was around and grown up. It was all in a gigantic version of the Chestnut Hill house.
I really am working hard on not letting this all get me down. I don't feel very social, but I think I need to push harder next week. I did get stuff done, but not enough and I'm much too close to the edge of depression.
I tried to write today on my drive, even asked Billie for a prompt, but blah came out. I need to smell the sea air.
It was a little rainy today, low 80s, but not too bad. I was not uncomfortable. I've had less leg pain, less back pain, and a headache all day. My arthritis is bad, that's the humidity. I have felt so let down by the doctor world that I've been unable to contact them this week. And my mental state makes me think of things in flashes and not explore any one thought. No poems, just remarkable detailed dreams.
Comments
Post a Comment