June 23, 2026

My parents were married this day 79 years ago in Sacramento, Ca. at the home of Paul and Lois Barnes. 
My great niece Anna Cole was born 25 years ago today in Toccoa, Georgia, I believe.  She is my parent's great grand daughter and actually knew her great grandmother.  



Went to lunch at Cushman's in N. Amherst today, sat on the patio and watched the sparrows and a chipmunk eat corn chips.   There were actually 3 different kinds of sparrow; song, chirping and I'm forgetting.  (Amazes me how quickly these names leave my brain.)



Then I drove David to Greenfield to pick up his new vehicle.  I'm telling you the ride to Amherst was full of odd moments.  I watched a guy in a golf cart fling a snake across Rt. 116.  Several police and ambulances passed by.  Odd driving stunts went across my path.  


Lunch was very good and very pleasant. 



It felt nice to be in gentle surroundings with no doctor appointments to go to. 



After I dropped David off I met Clara to pass off the Community Art Show.  Now I kind of have already done that, but to Charlie whose no longer at LAVA, thus, Clara has to do it and she is starting from the beginning.  So we focused on what has to happen.  It was the most work like I've been in in a really long time.  It was hard not to just say I'd do it, but I resisted.  I do like working with Clara though, and we do good stuff.  If only....


Then I went up to the rookery a little after 4.  There was a big bird in the old heron nest, I thought it was an eagle because it's head looked white with a yellow beak.  But once I blew the photos up I saw it was the heron.  In the first few shots she is leaning up against the tree.  Looks like she doesn't have legs.   


 

Di and EJ came for a visit and by then we could hang on the yard for a bit.  It's kind of chilly tonight, but the rain has been good and it is drying up.  June 23rd was always special in our house, but the reason for it is still kind of removed.  Daddy died just short of their 25th.  It means summer is here, but the days will creep back down in hours.  Let's hope the next 2 months bring me some resolution.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog