June 20, 2026
The Green River Festival is happening at the moment.  You can tell that there is going be a gorgeous sunset tonight.  All of my normal sunset watching places are taken up by festival parking issues so I'm going to have to watch it from my own yard.  Not good for photos, so I'll post the blog first.



Mr. Kingfisher put on a show for me and Sherry today.  The rookery was close to perfect mid afternoon and he was hovering right in front of us and diving, plunging into the water.  

I actually got to visit with people today on a one to one level which felt nice; it felt more connected to a real life.  


Had one of my GCC advisees come up to me and start a conversation about going back to school today. He was my student almost 20 years ago, so he's 40.  He's very LD and has a difficult time with executive functions, but is a good guy.  I realized I wasn't really supporting him, so I stopped in my tracks and looked at him and said, "if I had money, I'd go back to school.  School is great and I love being a student.  I say go for it."  He was kind of shocked.

"Really, you'd go back?"

"Yeah, I would, it's fun and exciting and takes you down new roads."  Of course I'm not sure if my brain could handle it any longer, but who knows.  I would love to go do another degree in learning in trauma.  



The canal and the rookery had babies in them today.  The rookery had a wood duck family. The canal had mallards, geese, and I believe a wood duck family.  The mallard family was big.   
Sherry had a cub and Momma make themselves known by the rookery early in the morning.   YAY

Beth has some turkeys.

Couldn't find the herd today.

I wish I had it in me to go join the gang at the festival to watch the sunset and get a couple dances in.  But I'm not even sure I'll be able to stand up out of this chair, let alone go dance  in a crowd.  Oh well...... I'm still an awful lucky kid.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog