September 6, 2026
Today was an event of the National Beat Poetry Foundation in support of LAVA Center.
Very fun afternoon. I managed 3 hours and they went on another 3.
I usually am at the door during these events, but Jan had the door today and I was a member of the audience in a seat where I could hear people.
Paul ran it as a round robin, if you had a poem to read, or 5 minutes worth, you took a chair in the front and went to the mic when you were up. You could go back to the chairs in the front and read again. It was interesting to watch people wrestle with the concept. Some people went up and took their five minutes, others read a poem and went back in line. I read, but I messed up the order of my pages. Oh well.
People came from all over the country to be a part of the event. I was so pleased that someone who runs a reading in Portsmouth was there. I think I might try to go to one in the fall.
Great to be with my gang after 2 months. Great to be welcomed home.
When i got home Thane visited and Robban came by. I'm tired now. Time to read and sleep.
Comments
Post a Comment